The investment process
- PURCHASE AGREEMENT IS SIGNED WITH ROBINIA INVEST
- MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT IS SIGNED WITH ONE OF THREE MANAGEMENT COMPANIES
- FREEHOLD PURCHASES INVOLVE GERMAN NOTARY
After you have made the decision to invest with Robinia Invest, we will follow up with the paperwork involved. What follows is the step-by-step investment process:
- You email us your full name, address and date of birth. If you wish to invest more than € 15,000, then we will need a copy of a valid photo ID and proof of your address. The latter can be a copy of your bank statement or a utility bill and cannot be older than 3 months.
These documents are required as part of Anti Money Regulations act of 2007. Should you purchase a freehold plot, we will send your photo ID copy to the Germany notary as well.
- Robinia Invest prepares the purchase agreement. The purchase agreement involves everything that has to do with setting up your plantation plot, such as the land itself, preparing the land for planting, planting the trees and building the fence. As part of the purchase agreement you will receive a plot map and if you wish, a picture of your plot on Google Earth.
- We will recommend 3 management companies to you, one of which can manage your trees for you. We will forward your details to your chosen management company. You may also decide to manage your plot and trees yourself.
- The management company prepares the management agreement.
- You can chose to have the purchase and management agreement send to you by email or regular mail, depending on your personal preference.
- You sign the purchase and management agreement and return them to us by email or regular mail.
- You transfer the purchase price to Robinia Invest and the management fees to the management company.
- Robinia Invest and the management company will each send you an official written confirmation when the payments have been received.
- If you purchased the freehold title to the land, we will inform the German notary and send him a copy of your photo ID.
The notary will then prepare the notary deed for the land and the declaration that needs to be signed by you.
- The notary will email/ mail the notary deed and declaration to you personally.
- You can sign the declaration at any German embassy or consulate, or you can sign it in front of your own notary. Should you wish to do the latter, then a so called „apostille“ is also required as an extra proof of identification.
- As soon as you have signed the declaration and have received the apostille (if applicable), you must return the original declaration to the German notary by regular mail.
- The notary will then prepare a bounded version of the deed for you and send that to you by regular mail.