- LEASEHOLD OR FREEHOLD (Robinia only)
- ROBINIA OR BLUE SPRUCE TREES
- INVESTMENT TERMS FROM 7 YEARS IN GERMANY
We like to give our clients as many options as possible when it comes to choosing the investment that best fits their personal wishes. All investments have leasehold title and for Robinia investments we also offer the freehold title from certain investment levels.
- Robinia investments can have freehold or leasehold title to the land. When you purchase a freehold plot, you become the legal owner of that plot and the trees planted on it. You are the owner of a freehold plot until you decide to sell it. As the owner of a plantation plot, you will benefit from the increase in value of the land over time and you have the option to make consecutive rotations with your trees. This is possible, as Robinia trees will regrow from stump, after they have been harvested.
Robinia or Blue Spruce
- You have the choice between purchasing Robinia or Blue Spruce Trees. To assist you in making an informed decision, we have listed the key features for both species:
|European timber market:||High demand||not applicable|
|Global timber market:||Low demand||not applicable|
|Timber value of older trees:||High||low|
|Timber volume of older trees:||Average||low|
|Minimum rotation needed:||12 years||7 years|
|Planted trees per hectare:||5,000||7,000|
Based on the experience of the management companies we have learned that Robinia plantations are easier to manage, as Robinia trees require less intensive management than Blue Spruce plantations.
- Investment term/rotation: Our investment are considered long term investments as the minimum rotation we recommend is 12 years for Robinia and 7 years for Blue Spruce in Germany.